findingemet

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

birds

so my upstairs neighbor told me to stop feeding the birds because the pigeons keep landing on his window sill and he's afraid they're going to come inside. if i was him this would amuse the shit out of me (the thought of chasing a pigeon though the kitchen, catcing it in a pillow case and tossing it back outside) but he's french and less easily amused it seems. of course i wasn't feeding the pigeons on purpose. but they eat what's left. so they are around. jesse took down the bird feeder yesterday. as rediculous as this will sound i cried...hard...the jay (jays are the size of crows over here and much easier to anthropomorphsize for this reason) keeps coming up to the window and cocking his head from one side to the other. it just breaks my heart. i keep telling myself he's just a bird but that doesn't seem to make me feel any better. the little song birds are hungry too and keep fliting about. i'm not worried about them starving so much as birds are farely resourceful... but it makes me really sad. in a week or so they will stop coming by. and that will be the end of it. this is the nature of things lately. i watched i heart huckabees last night to chill out. good flick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home