findingemet

Sunday, July 03, 2005

tintern abbey

So we went to tintern abbey, by the way. Did I tell you? Any of you? Yes…yes we went to Wordsworth’s tintern, luckily the bastard wasn’t there…though if he was I would’ve taken pictures. There are few dead-white-men I hate as much as this man. I mean I’m indebted to him for being one of the main first generation romantics. But he really kicked around for longer than we needed him. I like a few of his poems especially the stuff from Lyrical Ballads but Salisbury Plain, The Excursion, Tintern Abbey, The Prelude…argh…these are things I could be tortured with…blah.

But anyway we went. It was beautiful. And I include here a few pictures. One of Jesse and I in front of a door the main actual church section behind us. And then one of me doing odd things on the pillar thingy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*twirls in circle* yes, yes, back to my paper. Speaking of which David Hempton is one of the few live ones that I hate to this degree. And he has recently put out ANOTHER book. So once I finish with this one I have to go out into the world and find the other one. Why, why? Surely that book could have been delayed by a head cold or something until my paper was turned in. But no. *seethe*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home