findingemet

Thursday, August 04, 2005

my mother's advice

lately i have been chaining myself to the computer for large blocks of time. i'm getting to the point i could build a wall with all these coffee mugs and i know i could creat impressionist art from all the book stick-y tabs. the only problem with that is i think when i backed away it would be a picture of leigh hunt. and that would frighten me.
called my mother last night to bitch about car stuff. jesse and i have a few options with the car situation and we're trying to weigh and figure them out. i guess what i wanted her to say was "yeah, but don't worry you'll make the right decision" what she actually said was (i'm not kidding) "one day you'll be able to make your own financial decisions" after which i quickly got off the phone with her to avoid screaming at her. now for those of you who have not spent lots of time with my mother...she did not mean that the way it sounds...because my mother was a pre-school teacher before she was a minister. translation = she used to explain the art of marble painting to three year olds now she explains the mystery of god and universe as if you are a three year old. the funny thing is i've seen her preach and i've seen her consel people and that's exactly what they want. she has no idea how absolutely patronizing she is on a daily basis to someone who can think for themselves. she really isn't mean or even trying to be mean she was trying to say something that she thought would make me feel better. it made me feel like she was saying that my marble and paint picture was finished and i needed to wash my hands for snack time.
i love my mother i really do. but living with her for 11 months (i have now decided i don't want to call it a year) is going to be a challange. she really does mean well...but she consistently drives me crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home