findingemet

Sunday, September 04, 2005

"girl, you'll be a woman soon"

so i'm turning my paper in tomorrow, guys. tomorrow. the day after today. monday. in fact it's 10 am here i will probably be at the print shop right now. tomorrow. so that's 24 hours or so away. can i stress this anymore? it's almost over. i'm about to deliever a large part of my life for the last 5 months or so to the gods of the english office. and i'm less that thrilled. i find new things to add to my paper every day but it's already over the limit.

the strangest things have been occuring to me. mostly about going home. eating at the chinese restaurant down the street. going to blockbuster and catching up on all the movies i've missed. packing packing packing. painting my furniture so it's appropriate for my new grown up lifestyle. i've recently started to try to figure out if i am a woman or a girl at 23. if i am a woman when did that happened? and if i'm still a girl when should i expect womanification? such a strange delienation really. maybe when i turn in my dissertation i will be a woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home