findingemet

Friday, August 19, 2005

leigh hunt and i had a long talk last night. resulting in i now have 13, 500 words on my paper. only 1, 500 more to go...and a hellish amount of editing. he seems to be shaping up well. there is a book i must read which ILL will not bring to the library because it is old. so i am bound for the copyright library in Oxford. the...spelling...bodelian... train tickets are not what i wanted to spend my money on right now BUT ...mmm...Oxford. it is supposed to be a beautiful city. and damnit we'd be in OXFORD. ya'know Oxford! well i'm excited but anyway.

joe (my hayden-look-a-like and act-a-like-a-bit) classmate read my paper the other day and said it was really good and well researched and just needed some reworking in the grammar and sentence construction arena. which is good to hear. i have problems with that stuff but i can get other people to help me there. if the ideas and arguments are solid then everything should be fine. i just have to calm myself down so i don't add to much more before i get my hands on that book in oxford. which could need a paragraph or a few pages to talk about. or i might actually have to weave that info throughout the whole paper. the book i am seeking is the one he wrote before he wrote the book i am writing about. it was published in 1820 33 years before the one i am reading and it's worth it to see how his opinions change in those 33 years. at least that's my profs view and he's the one sending me to oxford with a letter saying "oh please oh please let her use the library". so difficult to get into the academic libraries around here. i assume it's the same everywhere though.

miss you all

*kisses*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home